Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lindt Bunny, Luxury Cars

I have just joined the Lindt Bunny search for the golden bunny. Yes, I know, its designed for kids, but I am the biggest kid around. I have also just discovered that Lindt Chocalatiers are going to be in a store close by today so I will have to pop down there and get my Lindt passport stamped, plus see what they are doing. If you want to try and win $10,000 by finding the solid gold bunny, you can go to www.lindtgoldbunny.ca (if you are not in Canada, maybe there is another site for you). The story is that they designed a solid gold bunny with a jewelled collar and it was about to be on display but a thief nicked it. You have to find it. I wouldn't mind winning a solid gold bunny, probably worth more than the prize they are offering. Matt's favourite TV channel for GMA went off the air for a while and we saw, on another channel, part of a report on luxurious possessions. There was a segment about a retired realtor in Florida who has a love affair with cars. They showed him driving around in a Dutch Spyker which he paid $300,000 for - never heard of the car before. He also has several other top of the line models of car. I wonder how on earth a realtor could afford that kind of spending. He really sounded ecstatic when he talked about his cars. Didn't even have a radio as he liked to listen to the sound of the Spyker. I belong to the "so long as it gets me from A to B" group. Well, have to go see a choclatier about a bunny. Roast Pork with Sweet Onion-Rhubarb Sauce Source: Eating Well Magazine Makes 4 servings 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper 1-1 ¼ pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed 1 large sweet onion, sliced 2-4 tablespoons water 2 cups diced rhubarb ¼ cup red-wine vinegar ¼ cup brown sugar ¼ cup minced fresh chives 1. Preheat oven to 450°F. 2. Mix 1 teaspoon oil, coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the mixture into pork. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast the pork until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F, 15 to 17 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing. 3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water; continue cooking, stirring often, until the onion is soft, 5 to 7 minutes more, adding water a tablespoon at a time if necessary to prevent burning. Stir in rhubarb, vinegar and brown sugar and cook, stirring often, until the rhubarb has broken down, about 5 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the sliced pork and sprinkle with chives. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not into cars, but I won't say no to a Maserati if anyone's offering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same Marilyn. I really can't see spending so much for a car of any kind, but as you say, if someone wants to give me one. I fell in love with a Mercedes Sports when I was staying in Paris many, many years ago. They aren't as pretty today as that one was.

    ReplyDelete