Friday, August 14, 2009

Tuscan Bean Soup, Bloody Monitor, Snuggies,

On Tuesday I published a recipe for Tuscan Bean Soup, I made it yesterday, I made one change, I added stock not water. It was delicious. Not only that, its good for you. So I can highly recommend you try it. This stupid monitor I'm wearing seems to be playing up. From about 6 p.m. yesterday it started ringing every hour (sounds like a quick ring from a cell phone) I didn't hear it too much in bed last night, but Matt did. Funny he can sleep through lights not noise, noise doesn't generally worry me but I can't put up with light. Of course there is no-one to answer my questions at that time of day so I am eagerly waiting for 9:00 a.m. to make a phone call. I guess at $2,500 it isn't worth chucking it out of the window LOL. Today we are going bowling with a friend again. We will be at Towne Bowl once more. Then Monday we will be going back to Waterloo Lanes which is our regular alley. I don't know if you have Infomercials in your part of the world, but we get lots of them over here. One particular one is for a Snuggy or is it Snuggie? Anyway, I had wondered whether they were any good and have been assured that they are, by a friend in Australia. She seems to love hers. This morning on GMA's review of Snuggies for dogs, the reviewer gave the dog version an A+. I am not sure what the dog's comment was? I could be wrong, but dogs have fur which generally does the job quite well. I remember when we first came to Canada with our German Shepherd (Alsatian) Brandy, she started growing thicker fur in November before winter had even started. I still haven't figured how her metabolism knew to grow thicker fur for a Canadian winter. Suffice to say, she did not need a Snuggie. Our next dog was Canadian born, had husky in her mixture and had very thick fur. She loved snow. Here is a calorie conscious dessert from Eating Well. It does sound delicious and as I have friends coming to dinner this weekend I just might try it. Cherries with Ricotta & Toasted Almonds Warm cherries topped with luscious ricotta cheese and toasted almonds makes for a rich-tasting—yet calorie-conscious—treat. Makes 1 serving ¾ cup frozen pitted cherries 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds Heat cherries in the microwave on High until warm, 1 to 2 minutes. Top the cherries with ricotta and almonds. Healthy Heart Variation: To reduce saturated fat even further, use nonfat ricotta in place of the reduced-fat ricotta. Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I can thoroughly recommend the snuggie, or blanket-with-sleeves! A snuggie on the front and a wrap on the back and I am as warm as toast except for my hands. Fingerless gloves are the best I can do there, and still the tips of my fingers freeze:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annalou recommended it too. Don't you guys have central heating? I occasionally need to put something warmer on, but very rarely.

    ReplyDelete