Thursday, November 24, 2011

Passwords, Christmas, Dustbuster, Canadian Produce.

Here’s an interesting article about passwords and passwordsthe 25 worst ones for 2011. I didn’t realise people were so careless with their passwords. I think passwords are a damned nuisance except for financial sites where I personally try to use something pretty complicated, but I still wouldn’t use anything like the one’s listed. I do have a very simple password on my desktop and laptop because I don’t really need one except to allow them to talk to one another. Basically no-one uses either of my machines except for Matt playing a game now and then. The article gives tips for safer passwords as well as listing the 25 worst ones. 123456 – really!!

For most of the summer, since I had my angioplasty on my leg, I have had my laptop in the living room so I can keep my foot up. However, Matt has pointed Xmas Bellsout that if I want to decorate, and have a tree, I will have to give that up. Blast it. The thing is, do I want to decorate? ‘Don’t seem like Christmas without it, do it?’ We both hate putting them up, we hate taking them down, but I love to have the decorations up over the holiday. I don’t think Matt could care less. The Christmas tree is up in the lobby already. I noticed our local supermarket is selling Poinsettias and I always like to get one for the dining table. Decisions, decisions.

Today we are off to Elmira to bowl. Trying out a new place to have lunch, I will let you know how it goes.

DustbusterI had a Black and Decker Dustbuster for years and found it a great little tool. Unfortunately, some while ago it died on me. I wasn’t going to replace it, but it is so useful; we finally bought a new one yesterday. Quite a different gadget from the one I had before. Apart from anything else it uses cyclone technology which my last one certainly did not.

We finally got round to eating the Bean Bolognese which I posted a couple of days ago. It was pretty good, it was even better when I remembered to use the Parmesan cheese. There was enough for four so we ate it again last night.

We needed some garlic the other day so Matt bought garlic which is Canadian grown by August’s Hardneck garlicHarvest. They have been growing old style garlic for several years I discover, I’d never heard of them before. Nor did I know the original garlic came from the Ural Mountains “Allium longicuspis” and that the Canadian variety is “Hardneck” garlic. There are recipes on their website too. They grow shallots and blueberries as well. At least, I assume Saskatoon berries are blueberries.

I actually don’t like canned tuna unless it is well doctored – Matt invented a recipe I like which we use in pita bread. However, this one looked so delightful I decided I should try it. I am hoping all the other stuff will disguise the tuna. It also looks very much like a snack food we already eat.

Tuna Melt

WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com

In this updated version of the tuna melt, we go light on the mayo and top it with fresh tomato slices and shredded sharp Cheddar, which allows us to use tuna_meltconsiderably less cheese while ensuring that there’s great cheese flavor in each gooey bite.

Servings: 4

Recipe Ingredients:
  1. 12 ounces canned chunk light tuna, drained (see Note)
  2. 1 medium shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
  3. 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
  4. 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  5. 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
  6. 1/8 teaspoon salt
  7. Dash of hot sauce
  8. Freshly ground pepper, to taste
  9. 4 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
  10. 2 tomatoes, sliced
  11. 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Recipe Steps:
  1. Preheat broiler.
  2. Combine tuna, shallot, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, hot sauce and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture on each slice of toast; top with tomato slices and 2 tablespoons cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Recipe Nutrition:

Per serving: 257 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrate; 24 g protein; 5 g fiber; 378 mg sodium; 818 mg potassium.

Have a great day

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment