Friday, May 11, 2012

Doctor Visits and Drug Testing. Prince Charles. The China Syndrome.

shoulder painYesterday I finally got to see the orthopedic surgeon who informed me that nothing appeared to be wrong with my shoulder according to all the pretty pictures he had on screen – admittedly it no longer gives me much pain. However, he told me that if I had seen him when I was in such agony 6 months ago and crying with pain, he wouldn’t have done anything but told me to hold on for a while and see what happened before he tried doing something. He said that sometimes treatments can actually make it worse!!! Cheerful. He did say that due to my age things were beginning to wear out. I didn’t listen to that stuff though!! Reminds me of the optometrist years ago who said it was nothing to do with computers that I needed glasses, it was my age. I nearly changed optometrists there and then.

This morning Matt has to go to the fracture clinic about his back, so we will see what they have to say. We are a right pair of cripples at the moment. I have a suspicion they won’t be able to do anything for him either, plus they are reluctDoc cartoonant to operate on people our age I think, probably figure it’s a waste of money. Talking of medical things, I think I have more or less decided against participating in the drug trials I was talking about, the main reason being the office is quite some distance away and the trials would necessitate a lot of trips there and back. In some cases I would have to fast for 8 hours (which I can do overnight) but unlike when I go to the local clinic, just down the road, for a blood test I would have to wait a considerable while before I could eat due to the travelling and then the tests at the end then coming back again. Not only that, gasoline is damned expensive these days.

FuCharlesnny little video on Facebook yesterday, Prince Charles giving the weather forecast for Scotland. Apparently he and Camilla were visiting BBC Scotland. They didn’t make the weather any better though. He did a pretty good job I thought.

Because we had been talking about it, and Jack Lemon in particular, last night I watched The China SyndromeChina Syndrome with Jack Lemon, Vanessa Redgrave and Michael Douglas. The movie was made in 1979 and I had watched it a couple of times before, probably in the 80’s. I remembered it as a very good movie, watching it last night, it was a very powerful movie – I had obviously forgotten a lot about it after all these years, and I found the ending infuriating because nobody would admit Jack Lemon was right. If you have never seen the movie, I can highly recommend it. Some excellent actors in the lead parts and in the smaller parts. One of the best things Jack Lemon did I think; that and Missing. He did make some wonderful films, but these two were not comedies.

For those of you who are fed up with asparagus recipes, here is a change for today, but there will be more asparagus recipes in the days to follow.

Sour Cream Cheesecake

Source: Daisy® Sour Cream

12 servingsSour Cream Cheesecake

Click here to find out more!
A sweet finish to your day, this creamy cheesecake features a graham cracker crust and a delectable topping.

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1/4 cup butter, melted

1 cup sugar divided use

2 eggs, beaten

16 ounces cream cheese, softened

1 dash salt

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla divided use

1 cup Daisy Brand Sour Cream

DIRECTIONS

Crust:

Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl.

Press into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan. Refrigerate the crust while making the filling.

Filling:

Combine the cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar, salt, beaten eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a medium bowl. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes.

Pour the filling into the spring-form pan over the graham cracker crumb crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool 30 minutes before adding the sour cream topping.

Topping:

Mix the sour cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together in a small bowl. Pour and spread on top of the slightly cooled cheesecake.

Bake for 10 more minutes at 350º. Cool to room temperature and then place in refrigerator to chill before serving.

Have a great day

Jo

2 comments:

  1. I do like cheesecake, but its difficult to make. I'll go to the Cheesecake Factory and buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Stephen it is. I must admit I'm not very good at it. I like the sound of a Cheesecake Factory.

      Delete