Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sleep, Circa 81

One of the things I can’t get over, is how much sleep I am having. I seem to be tired all the time and am sleeping for hours longer than usual. They say lots of good sleep helps lose weight, I am hoping, but not seeing any signs of it. Must be the sea air. Yesterday we sat on the pier which is a favourite thing to do and after all the sea breezes, we were both kernackered. Its 10:32 and Matt is already in bed and I am shortly going to join him.

Circa 81I do want to tell you about our visit to Circa 81 for lunch yesterday, another delightful restaurant. I had a sample of jamon serrano from Spain. I remember that ham with longing, my parents had a large leg of it hanging in their kitchen and whenever we dared we would sneak a slice or two of it; even in Spain it is very expensive so you can imagine how much it would cost in North America. I haven’t had any in over 35 years and it is delicious. Matt had a crab cake sandwich and I had a Moo and Brie, i.e. thinly sliced Angus beef with brie baked on a bread roll. With my lunch I had home made chips which were delicious. I had wanted edamame succotash too but only one side. Matt didn’t want a side so I ordered the succotash. It was delicious so I asked for the recipe and was given it. I then googled and there are all kinds of different versions on line.


Edamame Succotash
Edamame
Edamame SuccotashCorn
red onion
red pepper
green pepper
carrots
tomatoes (optional, seedless)

1. Take equal parts of edamame and corn, can be frozen, dice onion, peppers, carrots and tomatoes and sauté in olive oil or butter for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add mint leaves for service
2. Take equal parts of edamame and corn, can be frozen, dice onion, peppers, carrots and tomatoes and sauté in olive oil or butter for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add mint leaves for service

Source: Circa 81, Morehead City

Have a great day
Jo_thumb[2]

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, don't think I could do the succotash...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity Alex, not only was it delicious but edamame is supposed to be good for you.

      Delete
  2. A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.
    Flights to Gaborone
    Cheap Flights to Gaborone
    Cheap Air Tickets to Gaborone

    ReplyDelete