Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving, CIPD, Fog, Damaged Goods.

Happy ThanksgivingTo all my American friends and readers, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Ever since I read the article on pain which I linked to yesterday, I have been fuming Painabout the word unpleasant when associated with chronic pain. In the end I emailed The Canadian Institute for Pain and Disability and expressed my opinion. I wanted to be really impolite, but I restrained myself. I just said whoever wrote that article obviously knew nothing about the subject. I was going to say “unpleasant” my arse (ok ass over here) but didn’t. It really angered me the more I thought about it. Silly I suppose but there you are.

We have been getting lots of fog lately as I mentioned the other day, but today it was frost as well. When Matt went out on his early shopping trip he said the grass was white. When we first came to Canada, we were told snow started on November 15th. Luckily it hasn’t yet this year although they are predicting flurries at the weekend.

BraceletI don’t think its my week. I received my travel wall plug cord for my Kindle and the USB plug was broken. I have emailed the supplier. Then, I don’t know if you remember the crystal bracelet I was so thrilled about earlier this year, I obtained one for a friend and hers has already lost 4 crystals. I bought them from Great Buy Online Store whom I have now phoned twice and emailed twice with no luck. So far my own bracelet is fine. I bought a couple of pairs of earrings from them too. One for a friend in the States, perhaps I had better phone her and see if her earrings are OK. I am not a happy camper. I am getting a refund for the cord, but I don’t really want one, I want the cord itself. I told them but no notice has been taken, so I guess I will have to re-order. Like I said, not my week.

If you are in a last minute crisis, here is a starter which will take you five minutes to prepare – hopefully there is a corner store where you can get the cheese and that you have some spicy jelly to put over top. I love spicy jams and jellies with cheese. Often have spicy jam with Havarti for my lunch.

Jalapeno Jelly and Cream Cheese Spread

By Pam-I-Am on June 15, 2006

"This is a classic appetizer that is great for last minute unexpected guests. In fact, Jalapeno Cream CheeseI'm surprised it's not posted yet! I've made this for years. The sweet and hot taste on crackers is so wonderful!"

Ingredients

    • 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
    • 2/3 cup jalapeno jelly ( red or green)
    • crackers

Directions

  1. Open the brick of cream cheese and place it on a plate.
  2. Spread the jelly evenly over the top. Serve with a small knife for spreading or use a hearty cracker that will not break.

Have a great day

Jo

2 comments:

  1. Unpleasant? That's like when the doctor or dentist tells you there will be a little discomfort. Translation - it's going to hurt like hell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent analogy Alex. Hadn't thought of it before.

      Delete