Wednesday, November 13, 2013

EDG Scope. Pictures of Our Sunday Lunch.

Tuesday I was called to see if I could go for an appointment with the gastroenterologist. I went. Today I am going for my EDGoscopy. That is one of the fastest turnarounds in Canadian history I think. I am going in at 2 p.m. and the procedure will be at 3:15. Only concern I have is whether I can bowl or not on Thursday. Only thing I have to do is not eat for 6 hours so I can have a light breakfast any time before 9 a.m. No lunch though. Ah well.

My friend finally sent me the pix she took at the restaurant last Sunday. Unfortunately we had started digging in before she took them.Mushroom Pate The first one is the mushroom paté which was served with pita bread, toast, and tortilla chips. It was delicious.

Lamb Burger
This is the lamb burger without the bun, it had some kind of salsa on it, which made the whole thing absolutely delicious. I was served their Stone Soup as well so that’s me tucking into the soup.

Next we have Bison Chilli over nachos which were devoured by my friend's son. Considering the size of the soup he had before, I am staggered he made it through the dish.

Bison Chili Nachos








Mac and CheeseFinally the Mac and Cheese which my friend had already dug into before taking the picture. It really looked like a good one with all kinds of things in it, such as tomatoes, I think. I have decided Matt and I should start going out for lunch a few times and make a start by going to the Mill Street Bistro. I wanted to show you the pictures although they are not the best having been taken on a phone. But it will give you some idea of the delicious food available.


I am not sure when I shall be posting again, it greatly depends on what happens tomorrow at the hospital and what I feel like so don’t hold your breath for a blog on Thursday.

I thought this recipe looked delightful.

Baked Lemon Pudding Cake

Baked Lemon Pudding Cake
WebMD Recipe

This is an old-fashioned family dessert. It separates into two very different layers -- a cake-like layer on top and a creamy pudding layer on the bottom.

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons butter (no-fat or low-trans fat margarine can be substituted)
  • 6 tablespoons sugar substitute
  • 6 tablespoons super-fine granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • finely chopped zest of a lemon
  • 1/2 cup unbleached flour
  • 1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
  • canola cooking spray
  • powdered sugar
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter or margarine well with an electric mixer. Add the sugar substitute and sugar and beat well.
  3. With an egg separator, separate the eggs; save the egg whites in another mixing bowl. Add the yolks to the butter mixture one by one; gradually add the lemon juice and lemon zest. The batter will look like lemon frosting at this point. Slowly add the milk to make a thin batter. Set aside.
  4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they are stiff with an electric mixer. Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pie plate.
  5. Place the pie plate into the preheated oven and bake 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the pie plate from the oven and allow the pudding cake to cool. Dust top with powdered sugar if desired and/or serve with fresh sliced strawberries
Have a great day and think of me this afternoon.
Jo_thumb[2]

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your 'procedures'.
    The food does look good ... I'm intrigued by the Bison Chilli. Is it made from Bison meat or is just a name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really made from Bison Sue. Specialty of the restaurant I gather. Not tried it myself but I understand bison meat is very good. Have tried emu and found it rather sweet.

      Delete
  2. Good luck at the hospital. Hopefully you'll be as good as new very soon. I should not be reading this post this late. Those pictures make me want to raid my fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenn. Things went well. The food does look good doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Jo .. hope the hospital tests and/or procedures have gone off successfully ...

    Your lamb burger does look rather good - and a good mushroom pate is always delicious .. while going out for lunch more often - sounds a good idea .. and I hope you can bowl tonight ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. They said all clear although he took a couple of samples to be tested in case.

    I did bowl thanks. Could eat that lamb burger again.

    ReplyDelete